• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tamron announces firmware for Z6/Z7 (1 Viewer)

marcsantacurz

I'm not at home with camera gear, so cannot try it out yet. I've really been missing my long lens on the Z7.

https://www.tamron.com/news/press_release/20181116.html

We would like to announce that new firmware versions are now available for the following three Tamron models. The new F/W versions make the three models compatible with Nikon Z7 and FTZ adapter for general operations.

Applicable models
  • SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD G2 (Model A025) for Nikon
  • SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 (Model A022) for Nikon
  • 17-35mm F/2.8-4 Di OSD (Model A037) for Nikon

I got some late day shooting in, but it was very hazy and poor lighting. Most of the shots were ISO 2500-6400.

In any case, I think the Tamron 150-600g2 on Z7 was performing pretty well, maybe about as zippy as the 300mm f/4 PF on the Z7, in an unscientific comparison, which is pretty good. The Z7 still hunts a fair bit if it cannot get an early lockon. When the Z7 did lockon to a slow BIF (great egret), it did ok on most of the burst, but did miss one or two.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back