• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opticron HDF Eyepieces (1 Viewer)

MGT

Can anyone shed any light on the advantages of the new Opticron eyepieces? I don't doubt they are excellent as ever, they always were with my MM3 50 and currently are with my MM4 60. However, unlike so many of the the superb winners that Opticron continue to release there doesn't appear to be any obvious reviews stating any differences between the old and new eyepieces anywhere whatsoever.

What is the difference between the following eyepieces apart from the products number:

40831 HDF T WW Eyepiece
40809 HDF T WW Eyepiece

They appear to offer the same magnifications and I am not aware of any changes to the design or coatings. I am confident that the new eyepieces have improved, however, the how, where and what would be appreciated?

Kind regards,
Miles

Can anyone shed any light on the advantages of the new Opticron eyepieces? I don't doubt they are excellent as ever, they always were with my MM3 50 and currently are with my MM4 60. However, unlike so many of the the superb winners that Opticron continue to release there doesn't appear to be any obvious reviews stating any differences between the old and new eyepieces anywhere whatsoever.

What is the difference between the following eyepieces apart from the products number:

40831 HDF T WW Eyepiece
40809 HDF T WW Eyepiece

They appear to offer the same magnifications and I am not aware of any changes to the design or coatings. I am confident that the new eyepieces have improved, however, the how, where and what would be appreciated?

Kind regards,
Miles
It's unfortunate no one ever replied to this.

it's the way they mount which is different

Attachments

• opticron eyepiece.jpg
    opticron eyepiece.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 24
  • eyepiece.jpg
    eyepiece.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 24
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back