• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

P900 - I don't understand (1 Viewer)

Hi Den

I don't have it yet LOL. Hans & Judy Beste in Queensland have offered to sell me theirs, which they've hardly used. I'll be staying with them early October and they say I can test it out and make sure I'm happy with it before I actually buy it off them. It comes complete with cards, batteries and carry case too.

I'm getting a little excited now - less that 90 days till I set off for that holiday!!!!

If you find at first you struggle to get sharp images at longer FL go for burst mode,

Delia, I hope you don’t mind me asking this on your thread but how much were the Nikon P900’s when they first appeared. I would be grateful for any answers....then I’ll disappear :))

Hi Bubbs .... absolutely no problem.

.... but I have absolutely no idea, though I'm sure someone here will know.

Thanks Delia, I notice John Lewis are selling the P900 for £469.00 with a two year guarantee. Not sure if that price is good.

Hi Den

I don't have it yet LOL. Hans & Judy Beste in Queensland have offered to sell me theirs, which they've hardly used. I'll be staying with them early October and they say I can test it out and make sure I'm happy with it before I actually buy it off them.

A long way to go to buy a camera Delia;);)

LOL guess it is a bit Bubbs. However, it does mean I won't have to carry two cameras with me out there - just on the way back.

I think that price is about right for a new camera.

Thank you all so very much for the help and guidance for my trip. Just home a couple of days.

This was the result of using the P900 after just a couple of weeks using it. I'm not very good at judging distances but it must have been a good 20 feet away. The fantail is only 15-16cm, most of which is the tail I think LOL.

The Cockatiels in flight were quite high and a bigger group - I've cropped quite a bit.... a fairly rushed job just to post here.

I mostly used the Bird-Watching programme for birds, with continuous shooting (7fps). Occasionally it would refuse to focus (probably due to intervening twigs) and I then would switch to Landscape, which generally worked.

Attachments

• DSCN8061 Rufous Fantail bfthread.jpg
    DSCN8061 Rufous Fantail bfthread.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCN2404 Cockatielbf thread.jpg
    DSCN2404 Cockatielbf thread.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 52
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back