• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Two WTE disappear (1 Viewer)

I think the RSPB and other organisations would be well advised to publish, with each story like this, maps showing the last known position of all the "disappeared" raptors. The maps shouldn't be blank pictorials or satellite views but proper OS maps showing full data.

Joe Public understands clusters of data and these would give an entirely understandable - albeit in court terms "circumstantial" view of the responsibility for the "disappearances". I assume the ownership of estates is a matter of public record, so the names of the estates where the "disappearances" occurred could be in the text reports. The climate of opinion would very quickly turn from "prove it" to "prove you didn't".

John

I wonder if Roy Dennis et al are keeping quiet about the last known location of one of the released Isle of Wight birds because it was over/on an estate somewhere in southern England and disclosure of the location would cause an uproar/awkward questions being asked? It seems odd that they announced one had 'gone missing' and the Police had been informed, plus the public were being asked to look out for it, but they never told us where the last satellite fix had been from. Something doesn't quite add up.

I think the RSPB and other organisations would be well advised to publish, with each story like this, maps showing the last known position of all the "disappeared" raptors. The maps shouldn't be blank pictorials or satellite views but proper OS maps showing full data.

Joe Public understands clusters of data and these would give an entirely understandable - albeit in court terms "circumstantial" view of the responsibility for the "disappearances". I assume the ownership of estates is a matter of public record, so the names of the estates where the "disappearances" occurred could be in the text reports. The climate of opinion would very quickly turn from "prove it" to "prove you didn't".

John

+1 :t:

Chosun :gh:

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back