• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Aussie Turtle for ID Confirmation (1 Viewer)

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Can anyone help?

It was taken in Brisbane. I saw another one in the city and was told that was a Brisbane Short-necked Turtle, would this be the same species?

Attachments

• S0941463 Turtle for ID.jpg
    S0941463 Turtle for ID.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 26
Thanks Andy. There was a sign at the Brisbane Botanic Gardens which named the one there as Brisbane Short-necked, certainly using the same scientific name as you have got.

Oh names, names.... how confusing it all gets LOL

Googling, OzAnimals.com: https://www.ozanimals.com/Reptile/Brisbane-Short-necked-Turtle/Emydura/signata.html uses Emydura signata so I wonder if there are subspecies, or if Brisbane just wants that one for itself LOL

Attachments

• BF Short-necked Turtle sign ID thread.jpg
    BF Short-necked Turtle sign ID thread.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 10
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back