• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

BX-4 Pro Guide HD - impressive (1 Viewer)

justabirdwatcher

Picked up a pair of these today and almost immediately headed out into the field with them.

My impressions are very positive. Like jremmons said on another thread - sharp, sharp, sharp! Exceedingly sharp and bright. Remind me a lot of my Conquest HD 10x42's in fact. Just a little narrower field of view, but not terrible. No noticeable CA for me either, and I looked for it (although I'm not susceptible to it at all).

Overall, I'm VERY impressed by the image these BX-4's deliver. If they had a slightly wider field of view, I would put them squarely in the Conquest HD - Swaro SLC class of binoculars. The pure image quality is that good.

5 months later, my impressions are unchanged. IQ is still fantastic, and I've come to love the light and balanced feel in the hands. They remind me a lot of my Sightron Blue Sky 8x32's to be honest, except they are x42's, gather a lot more light and are sharper.

I know have a pair of 8x42's as well, and they suffer only from a slightly narrow FOV, but absolutely nothing else I can find fault with. It's been a while since I've had a pair of binoculars that were so easy on the eyes for extended periods of viewing, and so nimble in the hands. Great combination!

Last edited:
We have a set of lower-priced binos that we use in situations where we don’t want to bring along the expensive stuff, and one of these is an 8x42 PG HD. I like everything about that bino, with the slight exception of its drab grey color. We never feel like we are under-bino’d when we are using them.

Don’t care all that much for the case though.....

We have a set of lower-priced binos that we use in situations where we don’t want to bring along the expensive stuff, and one of these is an 8x42 PG HD. I like everything about that bino, with the slight exception of its drab grey color. We never feel like we are under-bino’d when we are using them.

Don’t care all that much for the case though.....

That's interesting. It's actually one of my favorite cases. It always rides under my driver's seat, and is very quick to get into. I hate zippered and buckled cases for that reason, and at first wasn't sure about the closure for this one but I gained an appreciation for it over time.

But about the bins - I agree. You're not under-bino'd with them. Narrow perceived FOV with the eyecups fully extended is really the only thing I can criticize.

These are hands down my favorite binos. The quality is that of a set that cost twice as much in my opinion. I actually just switched to a pair of 8x32 and am getting rid of my 8x42s for the convenience when traveling for work. Until I can get a pair of top end these will be my go to binos for now.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back