• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Binocular Repairers (1 Viewer)

Sc0tty

United Kingdom
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a company in the UK to service and re-align porro-prism binoculars. I've done a search on the web and found a few outfits, but would prefer to go on recommendation.

Thanks.

Richard Scott said:
Can anyone recommend a company in the UK to service and re-align porro-prism binoculars.

Yes, try Focus Optics of Corley, Coventry on 01676-540501 or Kay Optical of Morden in Surrey - 0208-648-8822.

ATB,

Dave.

Richard Scott said:
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a company in the UK to service and re-align porro-prism binoculars. I've done a search on the web and found a few outfits, but would prefer to go on recommendation.

Thanks.
i have had two lots of work done by action optics and been well pleased.

I have heard recommendations of Kay Optical and know from experience that they are good to deal with and very efficient.

Richard Scott said:
Hi,

Thanks.
I had a pair of my 30+ yrs Leitz 8x40 trinovids serviced by this company and they did an excellent job.

POP

http://www.opticalrepairs.com/

Richard Scott said:
Hi,

Thanks.

I was down at Martin Mere the other week and asked the chap in the In Focus shop about re-collimating an old set of porro's. Standard price was £39. Obviously if they've been dropped and the lenses are out of alignment it may not be possible.

Ian

ikw101 said:
I was down at Martin Mere the other week and asked the chap in the In Focus shop about re-collimating an old set of porro's. Standard price was £39. Obviously if they've been dropped and the lenses are out of alignment it may not be possible.

Ian

I've just dropped mine and have double vision. I'm currently checking out my options. Does this mean they might not be repairable?

They should be fine for repair. Do you not have an insurance that covers the cost? If you dropped them in the house, I think that you'll find most contents insurances cover repair costs. Try Kay Optical - they have a good reputation for repairing optics.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back