• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Smile First attempt at digiscoping fromFirst attempt at digiscoping from my balcony. (1 Viewer)

andy101

Andyjjuk
First attempt at digiscoping from my balcony.

Hi everyone,
Just done my first attempt at digiscoping this evening from my balcony.
A fine example of a Grey Heron on the River Irwell in central Salford.
They are a bit blured I know but it was a bit windy and the light was fading.
What do you think?
Can you tell what sex it is,I think its a juvenile but not sure.
I used a Opticron Gs665Ga/45 with a HDF zoom on 16x and 24x magnification with a Fuji F30 camera.
Regards..Andy

Attachments

• 1DSCF1310_edited-1.bmp
    1.4 MB · Views: 289
  • 1DSCF1320.jpg
    1DSCF1320.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 362
  • 1DSCF1346_edited-1.bmp
    1.4 MB · Views: 246
  • 1DSCF1353_edited-1.jpg
    1DSCF1353_edited-1.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 259
  • 1DSCF1355_edited-1.jpg
    1DSCF1355_edited-1.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:
Most definitely an adult from the colour of the bill and head markings. Whether male or female I think only a heron would know ;)

Not bad at all for digiscoping technique. Exposure and focus are spot on. There's a fair amount of chromatic aberration and grainy softness, but that's down to the scope optics and maybe too much mangnification. On closer birds and better lighting results will no doubt be much better.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back