• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tripod carrying straps/sling (1 Viewer)

keefee

Hello Everyone

I have a Gitzo 1325 tripod and I have been thinking of buying a carrying sling for it. The tripod weighs just under 3 Kilos.

Various ones are advertised, but I would appreciate any comments from those with experience of using them.

Thanks for any help
Keefee.

Niels, do you know if this back-pack type gear would work with a heavier lens ie canon 500mm ?
I'm looking for something so I don't have to sling everything over my shoulder.
Many Thanks
Robin

Robin,
I am using it with a 80 mm scope, about 1.7 kg. If you would want to use it with a heavier item, you probably would also have a heavier tripod than mine (manfrotto 190B), and as long as the balance of tripod to load is OK, then I do not see why not.

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back