• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

best scope under 300 pounds? (1 Viewer)

Blincodave said:
Andy,

OK, I'm intrigued. Which companies' scopes are from this single obscure Japanese manufacturer?

Dave

Opticron, Mirador, Viking et al. They get there optic lenses from the same factories, well they used too. Only the high end of the market have inhouse production of lenses these days. Bit like videos and other electronic gear, if you look inside different video companies models you could well find they have parts made by Dawoo!

Bauch and Lomb sounds like German firm, owned by an American company and now made in Japan,whether their optics are inhouse is anyones guess. The cheaper ones Natureview etc probably bought in.

HTH

Osprey

gripper said:
i suggest you have a look at the opticron imagic 80 i belive it can be bought for just under £300 with a fixed e/p

hope this helps

Well, if that's the case less than £300, I've got ripped off. This scope costs over £300 with the cheapest eyepiece. I've never seen it under £300 only without the eyepiece which range from about £50 -£150.

Osprey

gripper said:
i suggest you have a look at the opticron imagic 80 i belive it can be bought for just under £300 with a fixed e/p

hope this helps

Oops! An apology has forthcome. You're right £299 for an Imagic 80 St. and 25 or 32xw.

I stand corrected;-)

Osprey

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back