• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Jamaica - Difficult Endemics (1 Viewer)

Jeff Hopkins

Just another...observer
United States
I'm heading to Jamaica next week and was looking for some specific information on some of the more difficult targets, specific Jamaican owl and Jamaican blackbird.

1) I'll be staying two nights at Marshall's Pen, so I hope to have a good shot at the owl, but if anybody knows any other reliable places for them, I'd love to know.

2) I'll also spend two nights in the Blue Mountains, but given the holiday, I don't expect to have access to a guide (I've tried). Any recommendations on what trails to check out for at Hardwar Gap/Holywell for the blackbird? Any other good spots for the blackbird?

3) While not an endemic, I've never seen masked duck. Does anyone know locations where they might be seen reliably?

I'll be visiting flying into MoBay, and from there via Cockpit Country to Marshall's Pen, Blue Mts. and Port Antonio, before heading back to Ocho Rios and MoBay.

TIA,

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back