• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Corsica & Sardinia, May 2009 (1 Viewer)

Canarybirder

Oenanthe Birding Adventures
My trip report of a visit to Corsica (via Sardinia) last month can viewed at http://www.freewebs.com/canarybirder/corsicasardiniamay2009.htm

It contains some photos, some of which are below.

For anyone interested I may be running a trip there again next spring. PM me if you are potentially interested.

Cheers

Chris

Attachments

• Audouin's Gull 2.jpg
    Audouin's Gull 2.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 89
  • 'badius' Woodchat.jpg
    'badius' Woodchat.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 89
  • Corsican Finch.jpg
    Corsican Finch.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 106
  • Crossbill.jpg
    Crossbill.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 111
  • Moltoni's Warbler.jpg
    Moltoni's Warbler.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 114
Hi Chris.

Enjoyed your report. The wife and I were also in Corsica 10-17 May.

If it's any consolation, we also dipped on CA Quail. Although we're not much bothered about plastic, we looked for them on a couple of mornings without success. I reckon they're in hiding, recovering from the shock of being visited by Bonser & Co. ;)

Cheers, Richard

I just returned from Corsica on Sunday. We also dipped on California Quail. But the rest was truly brilliant and the views of Corsican Nuthatch outstanding (Col de Sorba / Bocca di Sorba).

André

Cheers Richard/Andre,
It would seem that the Calif Quails are still cowering in the scrub after they saw Mr Bonser!
Seriously - we put it down the fact that if they're breeding then the males have probably stopped calling by now and the females could be sitting.
There are now a couple of Corsican Nuthatch pics on my trip report (taken by Lee Gregory who was one of our crew)

Off to Portugal for more Cat Cs in a week or so...!

Cheers
Chris

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back