• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Hertfordshire (1 Viewer)

Tarantula

Hi everyone,

Found this site while searching reviews for a new pair of binoculars -had my old Leitz 10x40BN for >15 years now. Plenty of interesting topics here - looks like I will be spending even more time at the computer!! I'm off to Costa Rica in less than two weeks - hence the need for new bins.

Cheers

Hi, Tarantula! A warm welcome to you from all of us on staff here at BirdForum!

Yeah, be careful spending too much time online at BF -- you'll get hooked and forget to actually go outside to bird. ;)

Have a great trip to Costa Rica -- at the top of my wishlist for birding. If you want or need more information, just post a question in the "Information Wanted" forum and you'll get lots of responses. Actually, if you do a "search" in that forum, I know there've been a few recent threads discussing CR. :t:

Hi Tarantula! Welcome to Bird Forum from a birder who moved from Hertfordshire to central France five years ago! Katy's suggestion of posting a message on the Information Wanted forum is, of course, excellent but you want might also want to check out the very recent thread entitled "Costa Rica" originated by Tim Allwood. It's in the same "Information Wanted" forum and has some useful advice and information on it. Happy birding in South America!

Thanks everone for the greeting

Just had a look at the Costa Rica links. Many thanks - found some useful information there. Now need to decide on the binoculars....more links!!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back