• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Meopro HD (1 Viewer)

JR,

The cabelas Euro 8X30 is always lower in price than the Meostar 8X32 B1, but they are the same glass,(I think) unless the euro is the only one with HD, and (if there is a difference in view between the two). I am not so sure buying a used Cabelas Euro though will get the same warranty service.

Andy W.

JR,

The cabelas Euro 8X30 is always lower in price than the Meostar 8X32 B1, but they are the same glass,(I think) unless the euro is the only one with HD, and (if there is a difference in view between the two). I am not so sure buying a used Cabelas Euro though will get the same warranty service.

Andy W.

Can't comment if the EuroHD and the Meostar are the same glass, but ever since the EuroHD from Cabela's went through a facelift (it looks terrible now)... they are $899. Meanwhile, sportoptics offer the Meostar 8x32 for $899 + 13% off spring savings = $782.96 total.

Spent a couple more hours with the 10x42 on Wednesday. What amazes more than anything is the ease of view for a 10x. I just put them up to my glasses and go; I've never had such experience with the multitude of 10x binoculars I've owned and tried.

Would you put the Meopro HD's in the "fast focus" category? I am specifically interested in the 8x32 version.

Probably. I want to say it is about 1.3 turns. Definitely under 1.5 turns. Not as fast as, for example, my B&L Elite, but faster than the Vortex Razor which I'd put at 1.5 turns on the dot.

The 8x32mm will probably not let you down - only issue I had with mine was they didn't work well with my glasses (a common issue for me).

I bought the 8X42 Meopro HD from Doug at Cameraland and it is a really nice binocular. The hinge seems too loose though. How is the hinge on the 10X42?

I just ordered the Meopro 10x32 for $400. I'm hoping it lives up to what some have been saying.

I've had a mixed love affair with it. (10x32) I find the glare issue the worst of all my binoculars and I hate glare. I feel it's very clear at center. I ran it up against a Tract Toric 10x42 because I had a chance to buy the Tract and I came away saying I'd keep the Meopro and be satisfied. The Track was brighter, easier to look though, and better at the edge of the view but not by enough to make me go though the effort of buying and selling these binoculars. Plus the Track was too heavy and I felt the Meopro felt more balanced in hand. I think someone said I could help that glare issue with eye guards so i'll try that.

Last edited:
32mm binoculars tend to exacerbate glare, at least in my experience. After owning 42mm and 32mm styles of different models (e.g Swarovision, Zeiss FL, etc.), I've decided I'm no longer a big fan of 32s for this reason. Your mileage may vary.

I quickly acquired several meopta optics and grabbed a pair of meopro HD binos early on. They were actually purchased directly from meopta. To my surprise they arrived with several black spots in the view. They quickly swapped them out and the second pair arrived with similar black spots in the glass.
Things slip through quality control but to have sent out a second pair with the exact problem is unacceptable. I gave up on meopta after this experience. It’s a shame because they do have great optics but they lost my trust. Since I’ve stepped up to the big 3 and never looked back.

That is odd, to my knowledge not many documented flaws with Meopta Glass, esp a second time for a glass replacement. I have a few and all are perfect. This sounds like a bad batch with the same problem?

Andy W.

That is odd, to my knowledge not many documented flaws with Meopta Glass, esp a second time for a glass replacement. I have a few and all are perfect. This sounds like a bad batch with the same problem?

Andy W.
Agree with this. It was probably an isolated incident from 1 run

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back