• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Brandon ... again (1 Viewer)

RonClark28

Off to Brandon again yesterday. Sounds great dunit but its only about 6 miles away ;) Anyway, we had to call at Focus Optics on the way, well one well out of the way actually but Jan likes to buy the peanuts and seed from there for our garden feeders. So, there we were almost there and we disturbed a green woodpecker as we entered the drive way. Very nice spot coz its been a year or three since we've seen one.

From there off we went to Brandon and although the list isn't long, we were rather pleased that it includes a water rail, another long await re-appreance. I've seen them twice before at Brandon in the 8 or 9 years we've been going there. Her's the full list ofr yesterday ... as I say not big, there's only 15 on there, but very pleaseing anyway.

Green woodpecker
Blackbird
Mallard
Common Sandpiper
Moorhen
Coot
Grey Heron
Wood pigeon
Teal
Water rail
Green Sandpiper
Lapwing
Black headed gull
Mute Swan
Comon tern

I must get down to Brandon again soon. Probably 6 weeks since I was last there, was starting to get quiet, perhaps things are starting to puckup again.

Nope ... no geese and no hobby either. It was only the water rail that made it worth while really. But as we're members of WWT then we might as well get our moneys worth I suppose. Things should start to pick up again I hope in a few weeks time.

Ron

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back