• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

40D Sent back for repair (1 Viewer)

At least it lasted longer than mine before repair. Wasn't the Err 99 was it?

Happened to me twice. First time it took seven weeks and the second time just five!

Hiopefully yours will be sorted much faster.

No Ian just would not take a shot unless I pressed the button that hard I would move the camera,a few people have had this prob Roy C had it last week I tried his fix but did not last long.

No Ian just would not take a shot unless I pressed the button that hard I would move the camera,a few people have had this prob Roy C had it last week I tried his fix but did not last long.

Hm! That sounds more like the problem I was occasionally having with the 20D and first decided me on the 40D. Since then though it's cleared up of it's own accord. I figured it must have been some dust or something in the button mechanism.

Yes t seems to be something like that or a fault in the system have herd of people having this prob ,my 400D is sweat as nut on the shutter button like a hair trigger,as you know it's got fire off fast or you lose to many shots.With the 40D it was not good in the end could not use, the sensitivity to button got worse from day one.

I just got my 100-400L lens back from repair, the AF switch was dodgy, anyway, I sent it off on Friday 31st Oct, and it was back with me on Wednesday 5th, all fixed. I sent it to Lehmann's rather than to Canon as I heard that Canon could be slow.

I was just getting into some great Snow Bunting close-ups a couple of weeks ago when I pressed the shutter button and nothing happened, rushed back to the car and replaced the battery and still nothing. Got home and found a possible fix on the web which appears to have worked for me. I have taken some 500 shots since and the shutter is back to normal.

Hope your repair will not take long Chris.

p.s. I was lucky that the Snow Buntings were in the same spot the following day - took 150 shots of them just in case o:D

Got 40D back this morning from Canon, all seem ok have replaced faulty electrics this was a quick turn round in all 7 days (Well done Canon)

Chris Buckland

Sent back my 40D today with shutter button problem will see how long and what they do not had long bought in march this year.

Chris Buckland

www.freewebs.com/tav94

Just sent one of my 40D's back for the same problem :C, i.e. when shutter button is pressed fully It struggles to take the picture, very costly when taking bird photo's.
Sent to H Lehmann Ltd, they say It'll be about 2 weeks turnaround.

Just sent one of my 40D's back for the same problem :C, i.e. when shutter button is pressed fully It struggles to take the picture, very costly when taking bird photo's.
Sent to H Lehmann Ltd, they say It'll be about 2 weeks turnaround.

Just recieved my 40D back today and seems to be working fine.
On the invoice it states that:
Dismantle Circuits RXA and Test Fully.
New Part = WC2-5568-000.

Let's hope my other 40D dosen't go the same way.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back