• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Any Bluebirds in Broward County Fl ? (1 Viewer)

a-casanova

Hello everyone this is my first post here and i wish to ask the most basic of questions. Are there any EABB in the Broward County FL area, or has anyone ever counted any in this area?

Hello everyone this is my first post here and i wish to ask the most basic of questions. Are there any EABB in the Broward County FL area, or has anyone ever counted any in this area?

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, it does not appear so--at least not regularly. Here is a link to a list of sightings reported to eBird for Broward County, it does not list any sightings for Eastern Bluebird:

http://ebird.org/ebird/GuideMe?cmd=...tate=US-FL&chartID=2081979416&rowsPerPage=247

My most recent range maps also show Eastern Bluebird ranging into Florida except for the southern tip, where Broward County is located. I imagine there have been occasional sightings, but it looks as though it would be quite unusual.

Hope this helps,
Jim

I guess it really has to be Broward, or else you wouldn't have asked, but........there are plenty to be found just a little north and inland. Pretty much any open pine flatwood gives you a good shot.

In Broward itself, I'd guess you still had some chance, especially in winter, but the further south you go, the less common they become.

I saw an Eastern Bluebird this morning at the Long Pine Key Campground in Everglades NP. That is about as far south as you can go in Florida without going to the Keys.

I've personally never seen a bluebird in Florida LOL

So im guessing its highly unlikley you will see one especially if you're only venturing there for a short period of time.

I saw Eastern Bluebirds in Big Cypress on the Concho Billy trail on Turner Road three days ago, not very far into the trail. We also have them at the Felts Preserve, home of the Manatee County Audubon Society.

Eastern Bluebirds can be found throughout Florida, except for most of Monroe, Miami-Dade, Palm Beach and Broward counties (southeast Florida, basically). A small introduced population exists in the pinelands on the Miami-Dade side of Everglades National Park. They are very common in central and north Florida.

Carlos

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back