• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Sweden (1 Viewer)

stefanbj

Hi everyone,

My name is Stefan and I live in South of Sweden, just outside Malmö. I have been birding for about a year now and have also started experimenting with digiscoping.

I´m 37 years old and married with no kids. Fortunately my wife is also into birding (but maybe not as much as me ;-)). We have a lot of goood birding spots near home and also not too far to Falsterbo, a great spot for migrating raptors, wadres etc.

I have checked out the digiscoping forum as a guest for some time and now decided that it was about time to join the forum and get bigger possibilities to get advice from and exchange ideas with the big and experienced crowd on the forum.

If anyone has questions about birding in south of Sweden, feel free to contact me.

See you in cyberspace

Stefan, on behalf of the Admin and the Moderators of BirdForum, welcome!!

We're delighted to have a member from Sweden, and hope you'll soon be telling us about your birding and digiscoping exploits. Every member get their own space in the gallery, so I hope we can look forward to seeing some of your pictures!

We're also gearing up for our second Great Global Bird Count -- the GGBC 2. It's a bird count event that's just for fun, and a wonderful excuse to get and do some birding -- completely on your own terms -- in early October. And we'd love to have a report from Sweden (maybe of a raptor watch from Falsterbo?)

You can find all the details on the Member's Notice Board.

Tjäna Stefan

Welcome to BF, the best site on the internet.

I've been to Sweden many times, but strangely never to Malmö. I'd love to see migration at Falsterbo and have three Icelandic birding friends who are there now enjoying the spectacle.

Hej då!

E

Goddag Stefan,

Welcome to Birdforum!

Certainly a nice area - I've been a couple of times on birding day trips from København, to the Börringesjön area. Very good birding - saw my first ever Crane (Trana) there.

Michael

Welcome Stefan!

Sorry, can't greet you in Swedish. Can barely speak English-- I'm an American. But good to have you with us, and look forward to your input on some of these shorebird identification threads!

Hi Stefan. Welcome to B F. Enjoy you time here and I look forward to seeing you around the site. John. :t:

Välkommen till forumet. Jag har bara varit här några veckor själv. Inte kommer jag ihåg skandinaviska fåglar så bra, jag bodde i Finland sista gången 1969. Men nästä gongen resar med fågel boken...

(jag har varit amerikansk efter 1976)
Tero

Hello Stefan just arrived back from Falsterbo yesterday actually,had an excellent time Sparrowhawks everywhere,the Honey buzzard passage was a little slow but still excellent numbers,nutcrackers were a good bonus,some good birds turned up at other sites visited.Incidentally if you ever visit Vellinge have a meal in the bistro the food was superb.

John

Stefen, Welcome to Bird Forum from the other end of the Earth. I have been to Malmo years ago visiting my niece but didn't do much birding. May get back there again some time. i am sure you will get a lot of pleasure ourt of the Forum

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back