• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

birding in or around Prague (6 Viewers)

erik

cheesehead
Netherlands
Hey all,
the first week of March i'll be in Prague. Does anyone know a good spot to go birding? I depend on public transport!

Thanx steve, that is an interesting trip report! I recognized some of the place names since ive been to Prague twice before, but never really on birding.
I should visit Surfbirds more often instead of just checking my mail there :D

In winter anywhere along the river Vltava in the centre can be good for ducks. If you are relying on public transport only then take a trip out to šarka park/woodlands.
Take tram 20/25 (I think) as far as they go west. At the tramstop (by a McDonalds!) take the path that runs down behind McDonalds and just explore.
There is also a big lake (cant remember the name) just the other side of the tram terminus which may be worth a look.
You could also explore the woods and parks around Petrin hill near the castle. A funicular tram will take you to the top.
If you want to venture a bit further then the parkland around Pruhonice is good. If I remember right you can get a bus there from Kačerov metro station.

Hope this helps

JP

Right now i am in Prague and it is AWESOME. Have been birding for three hours this morning in a huge park and so far this week i have seen 4 diff woodpeckers! In total 3 new ticks this week. Will look up the names tommorrow when i am back in holland.

Nashlenadou :D

prague birds

Hey all,
the first week of March i'll be in Prague. Does anyone know a good spot to go birding? I depend on public transport!

Going to Prague early February,any advice on birding sites in or near the city no car but can bus or train it?

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back