• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Digiscoping with the G12 (1 Viewer)

The zoom range of the lens is too long for this camera to be practical for digiscoping. About the only kit on the market that MIGHT allow for it is a Kowa scope with the 25x LER eyepiece or VA3 video adapter. Ideally, you want to choose a camera with 3x-4x zoom or 35mm-105mm equivalent focal length.

Neil,

What telescopic eyepiece adaptor can I use with my G12 on a Swarovski ATS 80 HD scope. I have tried the 20-60x, 30x and 45x eyepieces and none work

Bob

PS: I have just re read you posting and do you mean I have to buy a televue eyepiece and some adaptor made by Swarovski (any idea of model numbers)

Last edited:
Neil,

What telescopic eyepiece adaptor can I use with my G12 on a Swarovski ATS 80 HD scope. I have tried the 20-60x, 30x and 45x eyepieces and none work

Bob

PS: I have just re read you posting and do you mean I have to buy a televue eyepiece and some adaptor made by Swarovski (any idea of model numbers)

Bob,
This is a discontinued item
http://www.opticsplanet.net/swarovski-125-astronomy-eyepiece-adapter.html
but you might find it on EBay.
I use it with the Televue 32 ,25 and 40 mm Plossl eyepieces.
Let's meet up next week in Kowloon park and test them out.
Also the modified Kowa 25x LER eyepiece could work.
Neil

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back