• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Thanks, Farmer Giles (1 Viewer)

BrittanyBirder

The little fella in the attached pic is a Melodious Warbler, and a flock of them normally breeds in a gorse hedge alongside a track between two fields, not far from our house in Brittany. The same hedge is home to Yellowhammers, Stonechats and Goldfinches.

Or at least it was, until the farmer decided to rip out the gorse hedge, the fence hidden inside it and even the gates to the fields behind. Well done, Farmer Giles. Guardians of the countryside, my left buttock. 😑

Attachments

• MelodiousWarbler2.jpg
    MelodiousWarbler2.jpg
    684.7 KB · Views: 59
  • GorseDown2.jpg
    GorseDown2.jpg
    460.9 KB · Views: 45
Tell me about it, I live in the Sarthe in an area where the trees & hedges are protected & not allowed to be ripped out, but of course every winter one of our delightful neighbors decides to rip out another hedge or cut down another grove of trees & when you go to the Marie to complane about it they say oh well it had to be done because evil Blackbirds & Robins were living in there! Believe me if I wasn't married to a French Woman I wouldn't be here.

Last edited:
& when you go to the Marie to complane about it they say oh well it had to be done because evil Blackbirds & Robins were living in there!

You've got to be kidding me!!!

Criminal. I think it’s well known that complaining in these regions will get you nowhere.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back