• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

BF Announces sister site for ALL Photographers (1 Viewer)

Birdforum

Administrator
Over the years, we have had the very unpleasant task of removing some excellent but off-topic photos from the birdforum gallery. It's never a pleasant duty and many of these photos have been of amazing standards.

We have recently decided to rectify the situation and have created a dedicated photography site for all. Everyone can now share their photos in the gallery, no matter what the subject and discuss all photography matters in the forums.

To launch this new site, we have a special photo competition with a £100 (or equivilant in your currency) prize for the best photo. See Members Noticeboard Forum for the details at
worldphotographyforum.com

Managed to register - eventually. The problem is with the copying of the "characters" to ensure you are a real person. They are VERY hard to read. The letters i had a lot of trouble with were H M N etc - couldn't quite make out what they were supposed to be. Anyway, after SEVEN failed attempts, i finally got a combination without any of those letters included!

You dirty, rotten, swines, you!

It's hard enough keeping up with BF. How am I ever going to get any work done with WPF to read as well?

rezMole said:
Managed to register - eventually. The problem is with the copying of the "characters" to ensure you are a real person.
Yes, have to agree that some of the letters are a real pain, but it's standard practise on the boards these days. It sounds as if you were particularly unlucky with the random code generator... i think 4 times is my record, but at least it doesn't wipe the details you've already put in, other than your password.

Again, if you have any photos that are not suitable to be shown on BF because of their off-topic nature, feel free to upload them.

cheers,
Andy

I've registered for the WPF photo forum (it looks great), but so far I have not received a confirmation email (my email address I entered was fine, I double checked it) and on the WPF page it asks me to confirm my email address - with one problem: there is no visible way of doing so!

Yours confusedly
VB

I've registered for the WPF photo forum (it looks great), but so far I have not received a confirmation email (my email address I entered was fine, I double checked it) and on the WPF page it asks me to confirm my email address - with one problem: there is no visible way of doing so!

Yours confusedly
VB

It's a fantastic little forum:t:

Be sure to get yourself a user gallery (when you eventually manage to join!!), though as stated the birdy shots are perhaps left to birdforum...you've nodoubt aquired some nice landscape shots on your recent travels?

Matt

Yours confusedly
VB

Same with me but I gotta feeling this could be filed away on the spam filter employed by BT?

It does seem that more and more e-mail services are regarding Vbulletin registration mails as spam/junk mail, and are not getting through...Aol has always been a pain but recently btinternet addresses have similar problems (and many others as well). Usually the missing mails are found in your mail service's online mail box system in a junk mail folder.

If you have registered but not received a mail, please pm me here on BF and I will sort it out.
cheers,
Andy

Andy,there does seem to be a prob on WPF,re e-mails/messages,being sent to ones mail box.It took around a week for comments on a photo posted to reach my mail box,likewise with a PM.
But this was around a week ago,so perhaps the problem has now been sorted.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back