• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from woody Surrey (1 Viewer)

rog8811

I have been a member for a couple of weeks and already have had a lot of useful info, especially in the digi scope forum.

I became interested in watching the birds when a mate got a job on Brownsea island, I am now hooked and in the process of setting myself up with my own scope so that I dont have to keep cadging a look where ever I go!

Although I am reserve manager for a local nature reserve I am still at the ..... well that will be a small brown job then....stage, but am detemined to get better!

Regards Rog8811

Hello Rog8811 and welcome to BF on behalf of all the moderators and admin. We are a rather eclectic group, with a diverse amount of experience and knowledge. Hope you get the time to review the various forums, the photo gallery (probably the largest gallery of birds in the world), and to post to some threads yourself.

Hi to one 'Woody' from another.

I'm new here too and have already received loads of advice and enjoyed all the forums etc.

I've just bought my first scope (Kowa 822) and I'm now having trouble prising my eyes away from it!

Woody

Dorking is a lovely place, I'm looking after a mates place down the road in Brockham at the moment.
Good luck with your digiscoping.

Hi Rog8811. Welcome to the site. I know you are going to enjoy yourself here. Good luck with your scope and maybe you will be able to share your digiscoped photo's with us one day. All the best John.

Hi Rog - I used to live in Surrey - Frimley, Camberley in the pine woods on Heatherside, until my husband's job took us abroad. Have been in Texas over 10 years, now. Anyway, welcome to this wonderful, addictive forum!!

Hi welcome to the site.

I am a new member myself, having registered wednesday.

People are very freindly, the threads very interesting and thought provoking, so I hope you enjoy it.

Trevor

Welcome, Roger,
As you can see from the no of posts, Birdforum can be quite addictive!
I feel embarrassed having chosen the name 'surreybirder' without much thought I now realise how many Surreybirders there are on this site!
I live about 15 miles E of you so I guess we probably visit the same places occasionally. Mercer's Country Park would be about the mid-point, where I visit occasionally.
Hope you find your time on Birdforum enjoyable--and we look forward to hearing more.
Ken

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back