• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I know that I shouldn't but...... (1 Viewer)

bill moss

Hi folks,

Yes I do know that I shouldn't play favourites with the birds that come into the garden, I should welcome them all impartially.

Well I try to but I must admit that I have a special pleasure from this one. Already brought at least one juv of it's first brood and now collecting like food is going out of fashion for the second lot; hope to see those by and by.

Don't know which one this is, but assume the Male collecting while the Female sits.

My garden favourite.

Bill.

Attachments

• DS s thrush on fence 060607 .jpg
    DS s thrush on fence 060607 .jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 32
I'd have to agree with you there Bill, not just for looks but as a songster too it's a hard bird to beat. Great Pic :clap:

One of my favourites too Bill. It always lifts my heart to see and hear one in my garden, and I feel particularly lucky to have three visiting me on a daily basis. Beautiful photo of him Bill.
All the Best,

Ah now I hold a candle for Mistle....especially as today I found a nest with at least 2 chicks in it. Right up on the lamp housing of a street lamp near where I work. I heard the rattle alarm call and saw a mistle thrush go up into the air as I approached. Being a birder I followed the bird's flight with my eyes, to stop in my tracks as I realised the bird had landed on a nest and was feeding chicks, I could see at least 2 beaks. What a nice end to what had been a pretty tiring work day.
I'm taking my camera and scope into work on Monday to try and get some pics....if succesful I'll post them here.
sorry for hi-jacking your thread a little Bill.

I'm a huge sucker for a thrush! I've got a Wood Thrush that serenades all morning and again in the evening. I've never seen one in the garden, only on walks. Lucky you, Bill!

Thanks,
Kristina

Great pic Bill, my favourite regular garden visitor. I've seen one juvenile so far, and here too the adults are again collecting food and taking it away so I'm hoping for more.

Best wishes

Must agree the Thrush is one of my favourite garden visitors, but we do not get enough regular visits. However, we were sitting outside last night and around 10.15pm we were treated to such a lovely song from a Song Thrush. Magical!

Hi Bill.
What a stunning pic! The Song Thrush would be high on my list of favourite garden birds, if of course I could flaming well get one to pop in.
I was at a wedding last week, and during the evening do I went out for a breath of the fresh stuff. At the end of the lawn a Song Thrush was saying goodbye to the day, and I simply stood transfixed, and listened. I could only see the bird in silouhette, but it made me realise just what I am missing by not having one visit. Ah well! Maybe tomorrow.

All the best.
Baz.

That's a lovely pic of your favourite visitor Bill. We don't get them very often but one popped in this morning actually, the first time since the snow in Feb. It carried food off too so maybe I'll ge to see a young one one day.

Hello Bill
that is a great site to see and well exicuted photo, I have not had thush in my garden for two months, snail are going mad on my H O plants.

All the best

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back