• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

swarovsli slc 10x50 (1 Viewer)

Hati

Is there anyone who has experience with the older swarovski 10x50 SLC model? Is it much worse than the swarovision 10x50? Is there any wow effect in SLC 10x50 and what is the level of clarity, resolution and brightness? Is the old Leica 10x50 BR better choice? Thanks!

Seriously, if you want Alpha 10x, with high resolution, brightness etc, get the Swaro 10X56
(read Roger Vine's review).
Heavier and a bit bigger (you won't see much difference compared to a 50mm volume wise) but
you won't be disappointed.
Light transmission % is above the EL and they usually finish at the top of the tests.
If you don't have the budget, next choice are Zeiss Conquest 10x56.

I have owned and used the 10x50 SLC Neu model, it was a later model with the updated coatings
for the series.

I found it a very good binocular, and it has the wow factor, very bright and with excellent sharpness.
The previous Swarovski SLC series, is a very capable performer, and compares well to many binoculars
today. It may be a step below the newest alphas, and so it is priced that way.
And believe me, it is not night and day between those mentioned.

Any 10x50 should be a good choice, but realize they are all heavier than 42mm models, so not for
everybody. The 10x50 SLC, is brighter than any 10x42 model.

I have not used the EL 10x50, but have owned the SV 8.5 EL for many years, also extensive experience
with the Zeiss SF 10x42.

My SF 10x42 has replaced the 10x50 SLC. I just find the lighter 42mm models more usable.

It all depends on your budget, and you are the one to decide.

Jerry

Hello, I am a nighttime observer and I am also interested what are the differences between the old swarovski slc 10x50 neu and the new swarovski slc 10x56 HD and which is the brightest and sharpest?

With 10x50 SLC, what is the diopter at infinity value? How much overdrive past infinity?

I am not talking about the individual diopter adjustment (difference between the eyes)

I have owned and used the 10x50 SLC Neu model, it was a later model with the updated coatings
for the series.

I found it a very good binocular, and it has the wow factor, very bright and with excellent sharpness.
The previous Swarovski SLC series, is a very capable performer, and compares well to many binoculars
today. It may be a step below the newest alphas, and so it is priced that way.
And believe me, it is not night and day between those mentioned.

Any 10x50 should be a good choice, but realize they are all heavier than 42mm models, so not for
everybody. The 10x50 SLC, is brighter than any 10x42 model.

I have not used the EL 10x50, but have owned the SV 8.5 EL for many years, also extensive experience
with the Zeiss SF 10x42.

My SF 10x42 has replaced the 10x50 SLC. I just find the lighter 42mm models more usable.

It all depends on your budget, and you are the one to decide.

Jerry

Absolutely right certainly not the case of night and day.

I have owned the 10 x 50 SLC for many years and have looked through the more modern Swarovisions and there is not a lot of difference.
Certainly not to warrant changing if one already owns the older model.
The only disadvantage I find is the close focusing distance, which is not any good for butterflies.
I think the Swarovisions have become a bit of a fashion thing and birders like to have the latest model.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back