• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Website Construction (1 Viewer)

Adam69

Hi,
I am interested in starting my own website to display and hopefully sell some of my images. I have not got a clue where to start any advice would be appreiated.

Thanks
B :)

there are so many ways you can start a website, the most difficult is starting from scratch. Usuallly that is only ideal to very expert users. It takes alot of time to create a fully working html.

If you dont want to put much money into your site you can create a free website. These are usually limited but on some sites you can buy your own domain name among others. I use blogger and to me it is better than most sites that offer free websites. The reasons are blogger allows you to free edit to html which is good for me because i can read html but have trouble creating html (check my blog)

I can be more in depth if needed

Some free sites i can name

Freewebs
Weebly

I did use clikpik but found it slow/difficult to upload photos-there were also restrictions to the number of photos (unless you take the professional option which was quite expensive).
I then spoke to the person who developed my company site and he set about developing my nature site. The charge is £100 per year and the benefits are...
1. It is so easy to add/delete photos & text.
2. You can have virtually unlimited photos/folders
3. He will hold your hand all the way-responds quickly to questions and is
quite happy to listen to and implement your wishes/ideas.

If you like my site and want his name let me know and I will give you his details.

I have used Clikpic for over a year now and find it very satisfactory. Uploading text and photos can be a bit tricky until you get the hang of it, then it becomes very straightforward. At least if you are a computer numptie like me. There are several templates to choose from, a free 14 day trial period, and you can look at over 11,000 clients' sites, all on the Clikpic home page. You could even have a look at my site!

I have used Clikpic for over a year now and find it very satisfactory. Uploading text and photos can be a bit tricky until you get the hang of it, then it becomes very straightforward. At least if you are a computer numptie like me. There are several templates to choose from, a free 14 day trial period, and you can look at over 11,000 clients' sites, all on the Clikpic home page. You could even have a look at my site!

Dont think I am being critical of Clikpic as they offer a good product but as a 'super computer numptie' :-O I found it difficult and the one I am with now gave a personal service which made it so much easier.......plus the unlimited numbers together with catering for individual requirements.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back