• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swifts have arrived (1 Viewer)

Loads of swifts back at my work place despite the pouring rain all day. Ah the world is still turning!

Si.

Several hours around Nottingham yesterday and none noted. They could all be very high of course in the good weather?

A

Last edited:
Saturday, Huddersfield, not a single one seen.

Very few anywhere near me in S.Yorks, with a few still passing north in the last few days.

Very concerning.

I saw my first Swifts (4) at 16th May and from my own garden. Since then they have been delighted by me every day and there is few more. Some screaming I've heard also, but not much yet.

Saw 10 at the top of the road over the allotments yesterday while waiting for a bus. normally see 20-30, so numbers well down.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back