• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Someone was dressed up as Bill Oddie last night (1 Viewer)

Euan Buchan

The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
Supporter
Scotland
Last night a programme finished and the tv announced and said now a few words by Bill Oddie and then I realised it wasn't him it was someone dressed up as him you could tell because the beard and hair were fakes but good though but he did the voice of Bill really well. As he was dressed up as him he said he was looking for an owl and heard a hoot and looked up and bird poo landed on his head and suddenly he did a crazy thing were he took his green jcket off and he was wearing a yellow shirt and was twisting this belt or something and it was suposed to be doing a bit from that film Kill Bill but they made it funny by calling the film Kill Bill Oddie it was funny the programme that this was on was infact Dead Ringers it was a good programme with people dressing up as people so did anyone see it last night?

I didn't see the programme, Euan, but I did see a trailer for it the other day.

Dead Ringers is very good, especially John Culshaw, who I suspect was imitating Bill Oddie. He always manages to look very much like the person he's impersonating and he gets the voices spot on. I reckon he's much better than any other impersonator.

Cracking program Dead Ringers.

I love the Bush & Blair impersonation - serious forehead concerned hand gesture.

I can't take Sophie Raworth seriously reading the news after seeing her being done.

Last edited:
I like Alistair McGowan, but I he should stick to the one's he's good at.

John Culshaw is really good... and his Dubya is fantastic...

"My Fellow Armenians..."

Euan
Its Kevin Connelly who does Bill. He's done him a few times now and very well too.
I agree Deadringers works better on Radio they've got more scope to do more. Although last night Ozzy working in the Chemists was excellent.
My favourites have been Alec Guinness ringing a hotel as Obiwan to check if there was anywhere to recharge his light sabre and Linda Barker doing a Changing Rooms on the Tardis.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back