• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Prince quizzed over bird shooting (BBC News) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm right the law was changed recently to make the land owners responsible for the illegal killing of birds of prey. I'm not sure though if that works in all circumstances. I worked on an RSPB reserve where we know Roe Deer were poached, we also had a good Hen Harrier roost - if those poachers had shot a harrier would Graham Wynn be prosecuted and have to resign?

At the moment unless I've missed something all we know is 2 Hen Harriers were shot on a royal estate, the case is being investigated by the police and hopefully this will lead to a successful prosecution of whoever is responsible, even if that is a drug addled kid accidently brought up in the royal family.

In the long term only good can come out of this, especially if a royal is found to be guilty and prosecuted. The illegal persecution of raptors has been exposed to a massive audience who might not have previously been aware of what goes on on some estates and if a royal is prosecuted then hopefully other landowners will realise they can't get away with it anymore.

I think its a bit early to all resign from the RSPB and start making up conspiracy theories just yet.

Thought this was a bird forum, and the thread was to discuss the killing of two of the countries rarest birds of prey?
Obviously I'm wrong.
It's turned into a platform for loony political ideals!!!:C

So any political opinion that runs contra to your royal toadying must be "loony"? If you feel so strongly about people expressing political ideals on this forum then surely you should remove the pro-royalist sentiments from your avatar.

Personally I think the French had the right idea. Doesn't seem to have had a negative effect on their tourist industry either.

So any political opinion that runs contra to your royal toadying must be "loony"? If you feel so strongly about people expressing political ideals on this forum then surely you should remove the pro-royalist sentiments from your avatar.

Personally I think the French had the right idea. Doesn't seem to have had a negative effect on their tourist industry either.

The "pro-royalist sentiments" were added as bait.
You have been hooked and reeled in.:-O
And no not every political opinion contrary to mine is loony. I don't have any strong political opinions, but what I have are based on sound reasoning not illogical emotions.
And I can't see how I've been toadying, just want justice. Read all of my posts before posting rude comments that show your immaturity.

And as for the French............................

Sadly, as I assume, these are CROWN estates.
They are then considered above the law.
As in:-
The nation cannot smoke in any public/ private
place i.e. clubs,pubs etc. But, your M.Ps can in
Westminster only because it's CROWN Property!!!

Therefore,nothing will become of it!

Kind regards,
young Ian.

P.S.
Just before some' bright spark' should think that
I'm a disgruntled smoker. No, I'm not a smoker.
I just try to point out ANY inconsistencies in an
objective NOT an objectionable manner. Although,
as we all know TRUTH hurts!

The "pro-royalist sentiments" were added as bait.
You have been hooked and reeled in.:-O
And no not every political opinion contrary to mine is loony. I don't have any strong political opinions, but what I have are based on sound reasoning not illogical emotions.
And I can't see how I've been toadying, just want justice. Read all of my posts before posting rude comments that show your immaturity.

And as for the French............................

So maybe you'd like to point out which of Rozinante's opinions are based on illogical emotions rather than sound reasoning. You seem to be rather better at posting you own "rude comments" (ie, dismissing peoples' opinions as "loony"), than explaining your position and addressing the issues raised by posters with whom you disagree.

While you're at it, maybe you can explain your problem with the French that your post seems to imply.

So maybe you'd like to point out which of Rozinante's opinions are based on illogical emotions rather than sound reasoning. You seem to be rather better at posting you own "rude comments" (ie, dismissing peoples' opinions as "loony"), than explaining your position and addressing the issues raised by posters with whom you disagree.
Like I said. Read all my posts.
While you're at it, maybe you can explain your problem with the French that your post seems to imply.
Where have you been for the past 1500 years?

That’s right Carlos, stand me in the firing line! ;)

I must admit that I would be curious to hear the answer myself. Although a resort to insults is often the admission of a lack of a rational argument, so there isn't likely to be a sensible answer.

It would be something really special to hear a justification for royalty in the 21c based on "sound reasoning" and a desire for "justice". All I usually hear is "they are cheap" and "the tourists love them".

Like I said. Read all my posts.

Where have you been for the past 1500 years?

Just as I suspected. No real thought or substance to your arguements.

Fawning Royalism, mindless xenophobia and a the labelling of left-leaning views as "loony". You don't write for The Sun by any chance, do you?

That’s right Carlos, stand me in the firing line! ;)

I must admit that I would be curious to hear the answer myself. Although a resort to insults is often the admission of a lack of a rational argument, so there isn't likely to be a sensible answer.

It would be something really special to hear a justification for royalty in the 21c based on "sound reasoning" and a desire for "justice". All I usually hear is "they are cheap" and "the tourists love them".

Hi Rozinante

sorry to drag your name in to it;). The "loony political opinions" post came straight after yours so I assumed it was aimed at you. It just annoyed me to hear someones views dismissed as some kind of ill-thought out rant without any further explanation.
I'll probably let it go now.

Carlos

Fawning Royalism, mindless xenophobia and a the labelling of left-leaning views as "loony". You don't write for The Sun by any chance, do you?
Who mentioned anything about LEFT-LEANING?
I thought you commies had been all been wiped out. Soon get the Windors to sort that out.
No I don't write for the Sun, but John Gaunt is my hero.

You are the one who started the insults by the way you referred to the Royal family, so give give me any of that claptrap.
And just as I predicted in one of the first few posts, you have managed to turn the discussion away from the real issue.
Anyway, that's me done now. Grown tired of baiting you so I'll retire ungracefully.:king:

Quote "Sadly, as I assume, these are CROWN estates.
They are then considered above the law.
As in:-
The nation cannot smoke in any public/ private
place i.e. clubs,pubs etc. But, your M.Ps can in
Westminster only because it's CROWN Property!!!"

Is this really true?

If it is I case it means that no crime has been committed so unfortunately you're right and nothing will become of it

Come on guys calm down here - yeah :t:

Some of us love a good healthy debates, and others feel that their opinions do not count. Just think if we where all the same how boring debates would be.

My opinions here: To me what everyone has said goes here, even if it is against the grain for others.

To me The Royals think they are above the law, and will never be charged with any incrimination, whatever it is. So what do we do here?

I hate the fact The Royals are Patrons to Wildlife Groups as they are, even if the involvement of the HH's comes to nothing?

So patronising to me ........

Regards
Kathy

Answer this:

If we didn't have an organisation like the RSPB in the UK where would bird conservation be today?

Sorry DKR, I missed this.

I can see no reason why we couldn't be in exactly the same position but with a society for the protection of birds that isn't associated with habitual bird killers.

Anyway, that's me done now. Grown tired of baiting you so I'll retire ungracefully.:king:

Aw shame-I thought you were doing a great job!

Coming back to Hen Harriers-have you seen the new book out?:-

The Hen Harrier
It's role and significance in the modern dialectic.
-an avian component in the class struggle.

Proletariat Press.

It's written by the Marx brothers-Karl and Groucho-those well known conservationists... I think.

Colin

Coming back to Hen Harriers-have you seen the new book out?:-

The Hen Harrier
It's role and significance in the modern dialectic.
-an avian component in the class struggle.

Proletariat Press.

It's written by the Marx brothers-Karl and Groucho-those well known conservationists... I think.

Colin

Sanity at last.3:)

I preferred their previous book written in cooperation with Lady Diana:

"The Pheasants are revolting. Let them eat Crake"

by Marx and Spencer

Last edited:
You are the one who started the insults by the way you referred to the Royal family, so give give me any of that claptrap.
And just as I predicted in one of the first few posts, you have managed to turn the discussion away from the real issue.

The internet could do with less wind-up troll merchents like you.

Moderaters:- Are there not rules against this on this forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back