Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Huntsville area 1 -4 May

Old Tuesday 27th April 2010, 19:21   #1
Marys1000

Huntsville area 1 -4 May

I've downloaded the Norther Alabama Birding Trail booklet which is really nice but I'd like to narrow things down a bit. For example there are 3 parts to the trail with many stops on each one.
Any don't miss this spots and also places to stay recommendations?
I'll be driving down on 1 May and hopefully birding Sat, Sun Mon.
Not a lister, no particular target birds but am from southern Michigan live in southern Ohio so anything that is not common here would be good.

Thanks,

Mary
Old Wednesday 28th April 2010, 01:10   #2
lashinala

Would recommend Monte Sano as song birds will be heading north (toward your house?) and will be happy to show you osprey nests if interested --PM me...and there is an ALBIRDS listserv on yahoo groups that gives good info on sightings.

Last edited by lashinala : Wednesday 28th April 2010 at 10:45.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: