• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Great Horned Owl drawing (1 Viewer)

More WIP pic's

Thank you Larry, tbbilbo, and Colleen for looking in and your comments. I'm glad you enjoyed the fawn. Here are two paintings I'm working on now. It seems that I am forever underpainting. I feel that the colors always come out too hot in the photo's I take of my paintings in the early stages. I do lay down intense color in the first layers, it's fun for me to see the bright rich colors pop through the edges as I get farther along in them. Thanks for looking.

John

Attachments

• M1S.jpg
    M1S.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 93
  • GB1S.jpg
    GB1S.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 110
I particularly like the magpie piece - we see this view of them quite often in the eastern part of my state.

Thank you Larry, tbbilbo, and Colleen for looking in and your comments. I'm glad you enjoyed the fawn. Here are two paintings I'm working on now. It seems that I am forever underpainting. I feel that the colors always come out too hot in the photo's I take of my paintings in the early stages. I do lay down intense color in the first layers, it's fun for me to see the bright rich colors pop through the edges as I get farther along in them. Thanks for looking.

John

Interesting to see these bright colours John, the tanager piece is already fabulous...

Had to remark on the dancing deer fawn, that is a serious piece of draughtmanship mate, a stunning drawing...

Prairie Church

Many thanks to all for all the kind words! Yes, it is a Pine Grosbeak. The painting sat for over a year with half the background painted in as the orginal pose drawn just did not feel right. Then one day I saw it. A nice flock comes to the feeder everyday so I get to look at them alot. Hope to get in about ten hours of painting this weekend. The Snowgeese/church is from North Dakota. It was a beautiful day in April, makes me look forward to spring!!!!!!!!!!

John

Attachments

• Prairie%20Church1.jpg
    Prairie%20Church1.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 65
Update

Hello again, Again thank you to all of you that have taken the time to look and coment. I don't find it easy to converse this way, I much rather have a face to face conversation. Any way here are some photos of what I'm working on. The Grosbeak is about 90% done and the last two only have one layer down on the undrpainting.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Fantastic set of paintings John! I love in particular the Grosbeak, wonderfully composed and painted, really vivid colours...

Paschalis

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back