• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Meopta Meostar S2 82 HD (1 Viewer)

stay-on case

Here is a photo of my new Meopta with new design of stay-on case (I bought it at early December). The case is more usable than previous version (see removable covers of lens and ocular)

10846308_10203282518732314_6627358459268386642_n.jpg

Hi Ivan!
Would you say the soc interferes with the focus wheel? Are there any other disadvantages or would you say that it is all good?
Thanks!

Martin

Hi Ivan!
Would you say the soc interferes with the focus wheel? Are there any other disadvantages or would you say that it is all good?
Thanks!

Martin

Martin, I have exactly the same scope and case, and IMHO the case does indeed interfere with the focusser. I also have the older Zeiss 85mm Diascope, with the neoprene 'sock', and I think it's a pity helical-focus scope manufacturers have never come up with something similar, but in two pieces, to leave the focusser completely free of any rubbing. An easy home-fix, with a half-metre of neoprene and some needle and thread!

Hi Martin,

enclosed you can see other photos. For me the case have minimal influence on the focus (it looks that some interference exists but it is minimal and have only slight influence).

However I have to mention that nowadays version of S2 have better focussing - older one little scraped.

scope1.jpg
scope1.jpg

I am now the proud owner of a smartphone adapter (da-1 butterfly), as the one I built was only working with my wife's iPhone 6 and not with my 6+.
Very easy to set up and adapt to different phones btw.
I am having some problems with the tripod adapter of the Meostar. It does not turn easily anymore (it took a small hit but I think it shouldn't have been damaged by that), so I am sending it in to see what Meopta can do about that.
I am still surprised how good the scope handles very difficult lighting situations. This one was taken with very little light (well, at least for a smartphone camera).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 344
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back