• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding on the continent somewhere near the channel at the begining of Dec (1 Viewer)

cassowary

Hello,
I can't think of any places within a reasonable drive from lets say Calais for this time period. Maybe it's a bit early for Lac du Der? - I have some nice memories from there but they are a while ago. I think it might also be a bit early for the the Waddenzee? Also possibly not a great time for Texel?

Anyway, If you know somewhere please let me know - not necessarily just birding....

Mike, why not take the ferry to N Spain instead?

At that time further north, you are looking for interesting invasive birds from further north, with possibility for say a white-winged crossbill in Denmark or something even more exotic further north - but that would mean that the trip becomes twitching which I am not sure is what you have in mind?

Niels

If you have a car, you could base yourself in e.g. Renesse and from there, sites like Brouwersdam and Prunjepolder are within easy reach.

A good website (you have to use google translate):
http://www.norbertwillaert.net --> go to 'vogelgebieden' --> go to 'Zeeland' in the left column, and you can click on the map afterwards. Also check waarneming.nl for recent sightings.

Chaps,
Thanks for your replies and Temmie also your links. I'll have do a little bit of research into the areas you suggested. IMO It's a tricky time of year to bird this 'general' area. I'm not really after any new species, just some potentially good birding in a nice environment.

Chaps,
Thanks for your replies and Temmie also your links. I'll have do a little bit of research into the areas you suggested. IMO It's a tricky time of year to bird this 'general' area. I'm not really after any new species, just some potentially good birding in a nice environment.

You shouldn't be disappointed with Zeeland then. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back