Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Opticron es80 ga ed v3 query

Old Tuesday 5th February 2019, 19:49   #1
hr21

Opticron es80 ga ed v3 query

Hello, picked this up with an sdl v2 in very good condition for 389 from LCE this week.

A few queries,

Price seems good given eyepiece is 269 new?

Second, eyepiece didn't come with a dustcap, can I get one of these from anywhere?

Third, eyepiece has a slight particle/ dust underneath the glass (view side not screw side) I know this can happen on binoculars (in fact has happened on my HR WP ones) - is this anything I should be concerned by?

Fourth, the focuser makes a noise when twisted, seems to be the ridged plastic against plastic stopping it from moving too much - anyone else got one to provide input?

Considering whether to hang on to it or not, views?

Thanks.
Old Monday 25th March 2019, 10:00   #2
richard866945
Bino repair man

noisey focuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by hr21 View Post
Hello, picked this up with an sdl v2 in very good condition for 389 from LCE this week.

A few queries,

Price seems good given eyepiece is 269 new?

Second, eyepiece didn't come with a dustcap, can I get one of these from anywhere?

Third, eyepiece has a slight particle/ dust underneath the glass (view side not screw side) I know this can happen on binoculars (in fact has happened on my HR WP ones) - is this anything I should be concerned by?

Fourth, the focuser makes a noise when twisted, seems to be the ridged plastic against plastic stopping it from moving too much - anyone else got one to provide input?

Considering whether to hang on to it or not, views?

Thanks.
Any dust can be annoying but won't affect the image. Often better to ignore if you can rather than have the lens stripped and cleaned - expensive.
I have an HR 80 GA ED and the focus is smooth and quiet but I have had problems with other telescopes where the rubber cover was not glued down firmly enough so rubbed on the flutes of the wheel.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: