• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Another Kind of Prime Focus Setup (1 Viewer)

Can Popper

Sout Fork had reported many moons ago that the prime focus nosepiece setup could not come to focus in his Pentax scope. I decided to give that setup another try but with a different twist.

Those of you who have read my adventures in binoviewing on the Pentax know I have gotten several barlow nosepieces in my attempts at binoviewing. Well, I figured I could use those same components to get the nose piece prime focus setup to come to focus.

The first barlow lens cell I tried had a 1.5x magnification. That one only focused out to 60 feet.

The second barlow lens cell I tried had a 3x magnification. Presto! This one allowed the prime focus setup to come to focus at all ranges.

Below are some pictures of my primefocus setup. The two pictures I took with the prime focus setup. I had recently gotten the Pentax K10D and am still unfamiliar with all the functions. I hope to improve my pictures as I become more familiar.

Attachments

• PrimeFocusLensSetup.jpg
    PrimeFocusLensSetup.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 245
  • PrimeFocusSetup.jpg
    PrimeFocusSetup.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 262
  • PrimeFocusCurb.jpg
    PrimeFocusCurb.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 227
  • PrimeFocusBird.jpg
    PrimeFocusBird.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 269
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back