• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss competition finalists (1 Viewer)

Fantastic selection of photos and it won't be easy to pick a winner. I'm struggling between 2, Dipper and Northern Harrier. Good luck to all.

The Northern Harrier in flight is fantastic. But then, the others are great also.

Harrier .... v .... Owl .... v .... Sprawk .... for me ! .... :eek!:

Tough call .... all beautiful ....

All the best :t:

Chosun :gh:

My goodness, they are ALL exquisite. My favs are the Bullfinch and the Sparrowhawk but any of them could easily win! Great job!
LBinGA

Congratulations to all the other finalists - fantastic photos all of them!

I'm honoured and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Cheers, Jens.

These are the ten finalists for the competition from which Simon King will select the winners and Zeiss award the prizes.

1.bullfinch female by Robin59
2. COMMON BUZZARD by AndrewG
3. Northern Harrier (male) by Kevin Conville
4. Male Common Crossbill by Duke Leto
5. Sparrowhawk by markyboy.1967
6. Ptarmigan by miketoll
7. Great Grey Shrike by Ray.Scott
8. A relationship at breaking point by rioja
9. Cute but feared by jebir
10. Dipper by swarovskiuser

I never thought that the selections will be based purely on simplicity.

I thought I would see some of the finest BIF shots here. o:D

Anyway.. congrats to the finalists!

Last edited:
gobsmacked never got anywhere in competitions and against such stiff opposition, glad I don't have to make the final call, all are worthy winners.........

Like the others who have been selected, I am delighted to have made it to the finals. Thanks to the moderators for their efforts.

I have to admit the tension is significant. It's a very good group of photos indeed.

Was going to enter but missed the deadline. I've done that several times now. I've enjoyed the entries though and I'm sure its going to be a hard decision. Congratulations and good luck to all the finalists.

The winners are -

Simon King has made his selection of the winners -

1st place and winner of the Limited Edition 8x32T FL Victory Binoculars valued at £1400 and limited to 250 sets world wide, each individually numbered and made with green armour -

markyboy.1967 with Sparrowhawk

2nd place and winner of the Compact Binoculars (TBC - Est. RRP £400)

Kevin Conville with Northern Harrier (male)

Runner up prizes of Zeiss Gift packs go to -

1. bullfinch female by Robin59
2. COMMON BUZZARD by AndrewG
3. Male Common Crossbill by Duke Leto
4. Ptarmigan by miketoll
5. Great Grey Shrike by Ray.Scott
6. A relationship at breaking point by rioja
7. Cute but feared by jebir
8. Dipper by swarovskiuser

Congratulations to each of you :t:

Can you all please contact me by private message with contact details so the prizes can be sent.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back