• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

mauritius endemics question (1 Viewer)

Dr_ADH

Hello
I am contemplating stopping for a long day in Mauritius on my way back from Madagascar to try and see as many of the endemics as possible.
Has anyone had experience doing such, as I get the impression its really not that easy?
I haven't been able to find any guides/anyone to help, again if anyone has any contacts that would be much appreciated.
thanks

thanks Andy. I found a couple of v useful trip reports in case anyone else is interested.
temmie posted here:
http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=319856&highlight=mauritius

And Hans Matheve kindly replied to my enquiry about his report in the link above:
Birding is quite straightforward and if you have a full birding day, you'll get most of the endemics. Best site must be the macchabee trail as described in our report. If you have some time left, you probably need an extra stop at the Bassin Blanc for the white-eye.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back