• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

e-m5.2 with PL 100-400 (1 Viewer)

marcsantacurz

I saw another thread on this, but still have a couple questions so I'm starting a new thread as the other one is a bit old.

First, I mostly use the m5mk2 for macro. I was able to borrow a PL 100-400 for a few days, so thought I'd try it out.

1) My understanding is that the M5mk2 is going to be poor C-AF with tracking. Is it going to be worthless for BIF?

2) Which exact settings to you use with the PL 100-400? Lens IS switch on, menu setting "Lens Priority" on. Do you turn off the IS-IS or leave it on auto?

3) What sort of shutter and aperture works well for this lens? 1/500, 1/640, 1/800 or faster? Is it good a full aperture, or should it be stopped down to f/8 or so?

Thank you!

Used mine with the EM10MK11 and as you say forget C-AF you can though grab single shots in S-AF with practice
some of my 10mk11 and 100-400 shots in here.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/7239177@N07/albums/72157686866449664/with/33930478006/

I used the lens OS i would say turn the IBIS off then if you want to use it with out any you only have the lens to switch off.

The lens is 100% useable wide open, shutter speed depends on you and subject movement.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back