• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Two birds from Taman Negara, Malaysia (1 Viewer)

Goedbloed

Hello,

Someone able to identify these birds?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 0810-bird-spec,-TN-12-04.jpg
    0810-bird-spec,-TN-12-04.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 160
  • 0902-Owl-spec,-TN-12-04.jpg
    0902-Owl-spec,-TN-12-04.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 106
I thought the first might be Fire-breasted Flowerpecker but think the main HQ areas at TN are too low for it? It's generally a submontane-montane sp.

cheers, alan

As for the first photo - if the bird was small I'd go with a Flowerpecker ? sp ( but somehow I can't help thinking the bird looks bigger and Broadbill ? sp keeps popping up! ). Brown Wood Owl for the second.

Chris

As for the first photo - if the bird was small I'd go with a Flowerpecker ? sp ( but somehow I can't help thinking the bird looks bigger and Broadbill ? sp keeps popping up! ). Brown Wood Owl for the second.

Chris

I thought broadbill, too, when I first looked at it, because of the round belly. But I slowly moved to one of the small babblers. Which one, I have no clue.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back