• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Advice Required on Bino's (1 Viewer)

Gaz Shilton

Supporter
United Kingdom
:C I purchased some 8 x 12 Duovids in January this year from the RSPB shop at Pulborough Brooks. In April I returned them as one side blurred on occasion when switching between magnifications. At the time they had an optics display weekend so I showed the problem to the gentlemen in charge of optics demonstration just to make sure it wasn't my eyes playing tricks with me. He confirmed that there indeed was a problem and he returned them to Leica for me saying it would take 4-6 weeks for them to come back.
Well now they have come back with a message from Leica saying they had found no problem with them whatsoever!!! Now how can I, the optics guy and numerous relatives I showed the problem to be wrong?
Any advice would be greatly welcomed as to my next course of action.

Thanks in advance...

Last edited:
Gaz Shilton said:
:C I purchased some 8 x 12 Duovids in January this year from the RSPB shop at Pulborough Brooks. In April I returned them as one side blurred on occasion when switching between magnifications. At the time they had an optics display weekend so I showed the problem to the gentlemen in charge of optics demonstration just to make sure it wasn't my eyes playing tricks with me. He confirmed that there indeed was a problem and he returned them to Leica for me saying it would take 4-6 weeks for them to come back.
Well now they have come back with a message from Leica saying they had found no problem with them whatsoever!!! Now how can I, the optics guy and numerous relatives I showed the problem to be wrong?

Thanks in advance...
greetings gaz,you have my sympathy's and i'm sure many others on this forum.i suggest you try sending them back to leica direct from yourself with a detailed letter explaining in precise detail the problems you are having.you may have read about leica's reputation for bad customer care on this forum but i feel this may be exagerated by the unlucky few compared to many thousands of happy customers[myself included] who have had no reason to complain on related discussion forums.let us know how you get on,best of luck.matt

Ultravids

Gaz Shilton said:

Thanks in advance...

Gaz,

I have sent you a private message about this binocular.

Gary Hawkins.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back