• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Positive Experience With Zeiss Agent Australia (1 Viewer)

Rathaus

As a firm believer in giving credit where credit is due, I wanted to share a very positive experience I have had with the Zeiss sport optics agent for Australia.

To clarify, while there is indeed a 'Zeiss Australia', Zeiss sports optics are distributed by Outdoor Sporting Agencies (OSA) who also handle warranty and service work for Zeiss sports optics in Australia.

I had previously posted on Bird Forum about my significant dissatisfaction and poor experience relating to Zeiss service and warranty issues within Australia.

Without my knowing, my Bird Forum posts and feedback came to the attention of Zeiss Germany and OSA and they took action. I was contacted by Jamie Stellini of OSA and I gave detailed feedback that led to thorough enquiries and a subsequent restructure of warranty co-ordination at OSA.

I have to say, I was extremely impressed at the agility and efficiency of Jamie Stellini while he was earnestly dealing with these matters. Jamie Stellini genuinely apologised for my experience involving Zeiss service/warranty, but more importantly, he listened and wanted to know exactly what had happened so that he could implement the necessary changes to ensure that Zeiss service would be at its absolute best. This is exactly what he did. I see this as being of significant benefit to both Zeiss/OSA and it's customers. To me, it also demonstrates that a very healthy and agile structure is in place at Zeiss and OSA.

As a collector and owner of Zeiss binoculars, I can say that It is a very good thing to feel assured that Zeiss sports products are so thoroughly supported in Australia. I Would like to take this opportunity to thank Zeiss and OSA for listening and responding to my concerns.

I asked Jamie Stellini, and he said he was happy for me to put his name and contact details for anybody who has any enquiries or requires warranty and service work.

Jamie Stellini, Internal Sales, OSA

[email protected]

Before signing off, I should also send a big thanks to Bird Forum itself, without which none of this would have happened. Many thanks.

Cheers,

Rathaus

As a firm believer in giving credit where credit is due, I wanted to share a very positive experience I have had with the Zeiss sport optics agent for Australia.

To clarify, while there is indeed a 'Zeiss Australia', Zeiss sports optics are distributed by Outdoor Sporting Agencies (OSA) who also handle warranty and service work for Zeiss sports optics in Australia.

I had previously posted on Bird Forum about my significant dissatisfaction and poor experience relating to Zeiss service and warranty issues within Australia.

Without my knowing, my Bird Forum posts and feedback came to the attention of Zeiss Germany and OSA and they took action. I was contacted by Jamie Stellini of OSA and I gave detailed feedback that led to thorough enquiries and a subsequent restructure of warranty co-ordination at OSA.

I have to say, I was extremely impressed at the agility and efficiency of Jamie Stellini while he was earnestly dealing with these matters. Jamie Stellini genuinely apologised for my experience involving Zeiss service/warranty, but more importantly, he listened and wanted to know exactly what had happened so that he could implement the necessary changes to ensure that Zeiss service would be at its absolute best. This is exactly what he did. I see this as being of significant benefit to both Zeiss/OSA and it's customers. To me, it also demonstrates that a very healthy and agile structure is in place at Zeiss and OSA.

As a collector and owner of Zeiss binoculars, I can say that It is a very good thing to feel assured that Zeiss sports products are so thoroughly supported in Australia. I Would like to take this opportunity to thank Zeiss and OSA for listening and responding to my concerns.

I asked Jamie Stellini, and he said he was happy for me to put his name and contact details for anybody who has any enquiries or requires warranty and service work.

Jamie Stellini, Internal Sales, OSA

[email protected]

Before signing off, I should also send a big thanks to Bird Forum itself, without which none of this would have happened. Many thanks.

Cheers,

Rathaus

Maybe he also needs to let his Australian distributors / agents know. I got a pair of Zeiss Terras with broken eye cups, and I emailed Gun emporium, Melbourne on two occasiona via email without a reply. Ended up dealing with Germany direct.

Maybe he also needs to let his Australian distributors / agents know. I got a pair of Zeiss Terras with broken eye cups, and I emailed Gun emporium, Melbourne on two occasiona via email without a reply. Ended up dealing with Germany direct.

HI SBB

Gun Emporium has split into two companies, one staying at the original address called Melbourne Gun Works and Gun Emporium has moved somewhere else. This is no excuse but it wouldn't surprise me if in the period leading up to and during this split there could have been mishandling of customer service issues due to the turmoil and uncertainty these situations bring. Hopefully this has settled down now and with OSA's decisive action in appointing a new customer service contact Australians should get the service they deserve and have a right to expect.

In case of problems with a recent purchase you should always contact the place of purchase first to seek a resolution. However if for some reason this proves unsatisfactory please feel free to contact Outdoor Sporting Agencies (OSA), who represent Zeiss Sports Optics in Australia, on [email protected] , and address your mail for the attention of Jamie Stellini.

Lee

Last edited:
I can support Rathaus experience of recent dealings with Zeiss Australia.

The eyecup on my conquests came loose while on holiday a couple of days after Christmas. Unfortunately this was just before I was due to fly out to Argentina for just over six weeks of bird research =-o

A message / cry for help on the Zeiss birding Facebook page was picked up by Zeiss US who took up the task of trying to get hold of their Australian people (who were, not unreasonably, on holiday!)

In the meantime I was briefly home before being booked to leave the country on New Years Eve and the local dealership (Optics Central near Melbourne) were luckily open - I called them to see what could be done. After explaining that I needed a quick repair and the ~6week turn around for a factory repair would leave me without binos for the research trip they offered to loan me a shop pair (for a pretty nominal security deposit) if I dropped mine with them to arrange the repair while I was away.

Shortly afterwards I received a call from Zeiss Australia (OSA) to discuss my repair needs - although by this time I'd sorted it with the dealership, the call was appreciated.

Had a great trip to Argentina with my loaner binos, and my pair were back from repair not long after I got back to Australia in February.

mjh

mjh ..... It is good to hear the Zeiss group was able to address your problem and you ended up having a great trip.

Is your Conquest the more recent HD model? If so, then by saying the eye cup came loose, do you mean that it would unscrew when trying to extract the eye cups? There is an easy way to take care of that problem and Lee posted the following ......

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=336799

If there was physical damage to the eye cup (but not to the binocular body), then another option is to contact Zeiss and ask them to send you a replacement eye cup. That should only take about a week and will save you all the time and effort of having to send in the whole binocular. The eye cups for the Conquest HD series easily screws in and out (see above link) so they are easy for the owner to replace.

Also be aware that Zeiss came out with an optional Conquest HD eye cup for the asking that allows for a little longer extension. I considered that good customer service because it addressed a concern from some customers.

HI SBB

Gun Emporium has split into two companies, one staying at the original address called Melbourne Gun Works and Gun Emporium has moved somewhere else. This is no excuse but it wouldn't surprise me if in the period leading up to and during this split there could have been mishandling of customer service issues due to the turmoil and uncertainty these situations bring. Hopefully this has settled down now and with OSA's decisive action in appointing a new customer service contact Australians should get the service they deserve and have a right to expect.

In case of problems with a recent purchase you should always contact the place of purchase first to seek a resolution. However if for some reason this proves unsatisfactory please feel free to contact Outdoor Sporting Agencies (OSA), who represent Zeiss Sports Optics in Australia, on [email protected] , and address your mail for the attention of Jamie Stellini.

Lee

Thanks, Lee. Well it gives me more confidence. After having a pair of Zeiss stolen in San Francisico last month, the future may hold hope for more Zeiss!

Thanks, Lee. Well it gives me more confidence. After having a pair of Zeiss stolen in San Francisico last month, the future may hold hope for more Zeiss!

Oh man! That is just so horrible. So sorry to hear you had this happen to you.
Lee

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back