• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Charca de Suarez (1 Viewer)

Robert L Jarvis

Robert L Jarvis
This is a little gem of a reserve in Puerto Motril. I had intended to mention it some time ago but it just slipped my mind.

It has a variety of habitats, the walk round is only about 1 km. There are abour 6 hides placed in very good positions around the site. The staff when I was there I found to be excellent and helpful. When I was there in 2012 there was no entrance fee but I have no idea now what is hapening in view of the current economic climate.

If you google the title, it will come up in the Spanish language the most informative site is under waste.ideal.es/charcadesuarez.

If you are in Granada province of Spain, I urge you to go, there is no telling what birds may be present, but they will be at close quarters.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back