• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi From Northern IL (1 Viewer)

SteveL504

Hi everyone. I live in west suburban Chicago and am just getting into birding more seriously as opposed to the casual observer I have been. I'm an avid photographer (for more years than I care to own up to) but have just recently been training my lens on birds. I found a nesting site of some Great Blue Herons and have taken quite a few shots of them--mostly flying but some in their nests. I hope to learn a lot from all of you and to contribute some photographs that will bring you joy!

Glad you have decided to pursue birding. Welcome to paradise! Looking forward to seeing your photos and reading about your discoveries.
I was almost to go to Chicago on business. Was reading up on Montrose Point as a great migration magnet in April. But the trip is cancelled.
I hope, in addition to Birdforum, you are joining a local birding club. You can learn alot about the best places to bird, birds, birding technique, etc. from the people in local clubs. A quick search on the internet shows several clubs with regular birdwalks in the Chicago area. Welcome!
Marc

Hi Steve, welcome to BirdForum :t:

I look forward to seeing your photos in the Gallery. Click here for the gallery guidelines.

Welcome, Steve ... not far from you in LaGrange. Be sure to check out the Gallery - there are some amazing pics there. Look forward to seeing those herons of yours!

Welcome, the use of my digital with 40x, then on to the laptop brings much joy in Winn.Co,Ill. there are some good bird e-mail sites to refer to for rare bird sightings for our part of midwest. But to photo the Whooping Cranes is my favorite.If you get this way, please holler.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back