• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Digiscoping w/ the Sony Cybershot DSC-RX100 III (1 Viewer)

Neil, a quick question. How do you fire the shutter when using the m3. Cable release, remote? If cable, how are you physically doing it?

Thanks. Having written off a mark ii on Chinese mudflats (I used the hotshoe on that one for the cable), I am now debating between the mkii and mkiii

Cheers

Pete

Neil, a quick question. How do you fire the shutter when using the m3. Cable release, remote? If cable, how are you physically doing it?

Thanks. Having written off a mark ii on Chinese mudflats (I used the hotshoe on that one for the cable), I am now debating between the mkii and mkiii

Cheers

Pete

Pete,
I don't use a remote, although I have one. I just fire Continuous bursts of 5-10 frames. The advantage of the M3 is that it has an Electronic Viewfinder (makes it easier to follow the bird as it feeds ) which is nice and Wifi. So you can control the camera from your smartphone , including shutter and zooming the lens. Also with the Sony App you can shoot timelapses. The improved video is good too.
Neil.

Hi Neil,

Can you use focus peaking with the smartphone app? Besides, will it be lagging when shooting through the phone?

Sorry to be so slow on this question.
No Focus Peaking on the phone and there is a lag. In fact I've had a bit of trouble syncing with the phone but I did drop the camera (fell out of the belt pack) and now the EVF doesn't work.
Neil.

Stunning Werner. Could you add some tech details please? I can't see any exif info on my iPad without downloading every photo. Cheers

Thks. Swaro 85 mit DigicII-adapter, cable remote, mostly 1000-1250 Iso
at aperture 3,2 with 1/80 up to 1/125. Distance about 12 meters.

rgds Werner

Stunning Werner. Could you add some tech details please? I can't see any exif info on my iPad without downloading every photo. Cheers

Last edited:
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back