• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eagleeye optic zoom (1 Viewer)

Geoff Pain

Rural Member
I'm thinking of buying an Eagleeye Optic Zoom 5x Telephoto Lens,ideally I would like to look at and try one out before purchasing but as they don't offer this facility I thought I'd try the next best thing the Forum Membership.
Has anybody tried one of these lenses and are they any good?
The images in the literature and on the web site look very good but do we have any examples in The Galleries? and if I use one of these lenses will I be able to use the settings I use for Digiscoping or will I have to programme in some new settings?
Thanking you all in anticipation :t:

Geoff:t:

I have one Geoff. I used to get some decent images using it with an Olympus C2000UZ. I keep meaning to give it a good go with the Nikon 4500, but haven't gotten round to it yet. The 4500 should be better suited as the EagleEye has a narrow 37mm thread, so the small 28 mm of the 4500 should give good results. With having the digiscope set up now, which gives sharper more magnified results, and having the C2100UZ, I haven't spent much time using the EagleEye.

Many of the shots on my website were taken with the EagleEye, just don't ask me which ones now as I didn't label them.

If we get decent weather this weekend and I'll see if I can do some for you. Incidentally I found using the EagleEye in conjunction with the Olympus B300 gave far better results as it boosted the amount of light entering the lens giving faster shutter speeds.

I used the eagle eye with the 885 and with my new 4500. I have achieved some good results with a bit of practice. I too will try to find some images to post.

Geoff
Here is a link to a site which gives a good description of using the eagleeye 5x lens in the field with all the pros/cons.
http://www.digiscoping.ca/portfolio1e.html

I bought one on the basis of this information.
It works well with a cp4500 and the quality is very good see pic of starling. It is fantastic with a digital camcorder - upto about 35x mag.

Attachments

• starling_eeye.jpg
    starling_eeye.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 390
I used the EagleEye lens attached to my Canon G3 for the photo of the juvenile Blackbird in my Gallery. There is a little vignetting, but there was with the Coolpix 995 as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back