• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Digiscoping with Fuji X-E2 (1 Viewer)

Made with the X-T1.
Fullframe means without cut only scaled down to 1300x867 pxs.

one more woodpecker attached.

Werner

Werner,
Regarding the woodpeckeer and "full frame," was this shot with a full frame camera? Beautiful images, BTW!

Last edited:
Gotcha, in other words " not cropped." Thanks and enjoyed the second one as well. So any sharpening done on the jpegs, or is that essentially straight out of the camera?
Frank

Werner,
Regarding your set-up, are you happy with the current head you have on your tripod? If not is there another you think might be better suited to your combination of scope and camera? Thanks and BTW you are killing me with these pictures. Everyone seems better than the last.
Frank

Werner,
Thanks for your reply. I am currently not a Fuji owner, (have a Nikon V1) but your pictures really are something to behold. I have a Kowa scope but your Swaro scope seems to be considered the best available and am quite tempted by it and the Fuji XT-1. Not sure if I will take the plunge but the results you are getting makes it hard not to.
Frank

One more with the Fuji X-E2 at Swarowsky ATX 85. Smallest bird in Europe goldcrest [Regulus regulus].

Werner

Last edited:
Werner,
What amazing detail. Looks like Fuji are coming back with great cameras for digiscoping.
Looking forward to seeing more from this camera.
Also welcome to the Forum.
Neil.

Agreed...I have a fuji x-e1 which is not much different from the e2...wonderful camera.

Do you remember the Fuji Film f30 series of cameras? WOW....jim

One more with the Fuji X-E2 at Swarowsky ATX 85. Smallest bird in Europe goldcrest [Regulus regulus].

Werner

Lovely Werner. You've got the perfect setup.
I would like to see some birds out over water if you have any near you eg ducks,shorebirds,egrets.
Neil.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back