• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding Botswana (1 Viewer)

Padraig

Dear All,
I am looking for some advice.
i arrive in Kasane on the 11th of Feb 2015 with my wife Susan and have booked 4 nights in a BandB by the Chobe river. My first time in Botswana.I hope to make excursions into Chobe.
Susan carries on to CapeTown on the 15th and I have 10 days to explore and do more birding.
One idea was to make my way through Caprivi, staying one night, headed for Drotsky's cabins (not yet booked) for 3 -4 nights.
That leaves 5-6 days.
What to do now to maximise birding experience?
One thought is to head back to Chobe and try and join a budget camping excursion into the park.
I fly out of Kasane on the 22nd Feb.

Has anyone got any further suggestions. i will have a non 4by4 rental and don't want to spend long hours travelling huge distances.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

thanks,

Padraig

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back