• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lijiang to Kunming (1 Viewer)

ChinaBirds

Nick Sismey
Have sent PM's to Mike in Hong Kong and Tim Attwood before spotting this part of the forum but in case anyone else can help will be in Lijiang in Yunnan province between 24th and 30th June and then drive from there to Kunming over the weekend. Any birds I should be looking out for?

Cheers
Nick

Hi Nick,

Welcome back to China, sorry there is no birder lived in Lijiang as I konw. But the birds there is very diversified. So there are many birding reports in different evironments, such as meadows, snow mountains, forests, etc. You could tell me the place you birding there if you like, I'll send you the relevant reports.

Regards :)

Hi
Giant nuthatch up the hill behind Black Dragon Pool Park in Lijiang. The park itself can be reasonable although sometimes crowded.
Tony

Hi Nick,

Welcome back to China, sorry there is no birder lived in Lijiang as I konw. But the birds there is very diversified. So there are many birding reports in different evironments, such as meadows, snow mountains, forests, etc. You could tell me the place you birding there if you like, I'll send you the relevant reports.

Regards :)

Thanks Wei Qian

We are travelling from Lijiang, via Dali to Kunming, hopefully I will be able to join you again later in the year in Chengdu

Cheers
Nick

Hi
Giant nuthatch up the hill behind Black Dragon Pool Park in Lijiang. The park itself can be reasonable although sometimes crowded.
Tony

Thanks Tony,

That's a good news, the Giant Nuthatch has been becoming less than before. I'm interested in how many of them have you seen? and is there any breeding behaviour?

Cheers

Thanks Wei Qian

We are travelling from Lijiang, via Dali to Kunming, hopefully I will be able to join you again later in the year in Chengdu

Cheers
Nick

Hi Nick,

How exciting I hear you will come. Before your comeing to Chengdu, please let me know, hoping to meet you soon :)

By the way, in Kunming, the West Moutain (Xi Shan) is a good place for watching forest birds. And Cang Shan in Dali is a nice birding site.

Cheers
Wei Qian

Hi Nick,

How exciting I hear you will come. Before your comeing to Chengdu, please let me know, hoping to meet you soon :)

By the way, in Kunming, the West Moutain (Xi Shan) is a good place for watching forest birds. And Cang Shan in Dali is a nice birding site.

Cheers
Wei Qian

Hi Wei Qian,
Don't know when I will be coming to Chengdu yet, will let you know. Thanks re info about Kunming, have been birding in West Mountain many times, looking forward to seeing Dali

Cheers
Nick

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back