• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Carrying eyepieces (1 Viewer)

Fernando np

Hi,
Sometimes I carry an extra eyepiece , a TV Radian 5mm, to get more power. Although not very user friendly, for saying it smoothly, very useful for things as readable leg rings. I carry it in the pouch of the Zeiss zoom. A new eyepiece, a TV Plossl 32mm, has just arrive and I wander about the container I'll need. It looks there's a gap in the market about individual eyepiece containers. My first spotting scope, an Adlerscope 80mm, had solved that matters reasonably well more than twenty years ago. The whole package was inside a very robust aluminium rigid case. Inside, foam with hollows for the body and the four eyepieces, each of them were in a pot made of a bakelite-like plastic. In the inner side of the threaded cover, there was where to fix the bayonet of the eyepiece. By the way, the designer might take in mind a second function of the jar as an almond cracker considering their thickness. Nowadays wich such optical excellence it looks nobody is interested to carry eyepieces one by one in the pocket of a jacket. I dream with the overengineered Adlers. Please, suggestions.

Fernando

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back