• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which DSLRs have focus confirm? (1 Viewer)

cugsy

Just like the title says really. I know Nikon have it 'cos that little green light pops up and tells me so when I use the D70 and the 80Ed. But the D70 doesn't have connections for a shutter release cable. So, I'm wondering if I have more options when it comes to choosing another camera to mount on the 80. I think Pentax have it but I'm not sure. Any more?

Pentax certainly do have Focus Confirm. My K200D has

Canon 450D / 40D ( i've had both ) also have it

Thanks for clearing that up paul - so close to buying a 40D. Pentax and Nikon then? Its just for the 80ED. Any Pentax recommendations?

Cugsy, Nikon on D200 - D300 and not sure if D7000 have it. Of course, D700, D3 etc... In the low range (D40-D50-D60-D70-D80-D90...) have no confirmation and photometer unless you use an adapter Tring with electronic contacts.

My D90 has focus confirm (green dot) with manual unchipped lenses. No metering though, you are correct there.

I'm not fussed about metering - just the little grren 'go' light. It makes it a bit easier. I think I'll go for the D200. Time to trawl the net.

I've always thought it odd that Nikon gives you focus confirm but not metering with manual lenses, while AFAIK Canon gives metering but not focus confirm ... how difficult can it be to give both?

Yup - and even the K10D ( earlier model ) I had one of those too

K10D and K20D both have onboard IS, but K20D has Live View function too , not on the K10D

Last edited:
Well, I'm very tempted by a D200 and Grays have a few for about £400. But I was talking to a rep in LCE Norwich and she said why not go for the D90 for an extra £100 or so - get a brand new camera.... any views before I give up.

My Canon eos 10D,20d & now my latest eos50D all have autofocus confirmation it`s visable as a green light in the viewfinder & you can set an audible bleep as well.

Steve.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back